- Welcome, Introductions and identification of SGNA Board of Directors
- Approval of meeting's minutes from November.
- Election of Officers of the Board of Directors - Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Directors-at-Large - in accordance with Article IV of the By-Laws.
- Police Report (if present)
- NECN Announcements/Notices
- Guest Speaker - Mr. Travis Dissen, a demonstration of current City of Portland G.I.S. technologies (Geographic Information System) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_information_system). With the introduction of the Comprehensive Plan Map App (http://www.portlandbps.com/gis/cpmapp/), the City of Portland has taken a bold step forward with technology to encourage and guide the public's engagement in the efforts to plan for Portland's growth and change. Mr. Dissen, a student at Portland State University, will demonstrate further applications of G.I.S. technology the City is considering. We are fortunate to be one of the first groups in the City to have the system demonstrated for us.
- Lifestyles Committee - Leaf Sweep, December 13th, off-street parking accommodation.
- Finance Committee / Treasurer - financial status and a report on the process to change Banks.
- Land Use Transportation Committee (LUTC) - report of recent activities
- Communications Committee - renewed call for interest - Committee chair position, Gazette status.
- By-Laws Revisions, a discussion - At the 2013 Fall retreat on October 19th the Board of Directors reviewed By-Law revisions recommended by the Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods (NECN) to comply with the requirements and guidance of the Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI). The members present agreed to have the By-Law revisions discussed at each Monthly meeting for the next six months, with the goal of the final recommended By-Law amendments and modifications being presented and accepted by the votes of two-thirds of the neighbors present at the General Meeting in the Spring of 2014, in keeping with Article IX of the current By-Laws. This will involve finalizing the detailed wording of the amendments, publicizing the recommendations of the Board, and conducting our meeting(s) and affairs in a manner that all will agree are fair, open and that successfully concludes so that SGNA can continue work towards the stated purpose in the By-Laws and in good standing with ONI and NECN.
- Concluding Remarks
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Board Meeting Agenda, Publication Date: December 04, 2013
Meeting Day, Date & Time: Tuesday, December 10, 2012, 7:00PM-8:30 PM
Friday, November 15, 2013
We wish to bring an event to your attention.
The event is a sale, sponsored by some of our neighbors to raise funds for Girls Incorporated of Northwest Oregon (http://girlsincnworegon.org).
Nov. 16th 10AM-7PM
1423 NE Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97232
We applaud our neighbors Bianca and David at BD503 for reaching out from Sullivan's Gulch to support the young women of our community.
Vehicle Vandalism Meetings
As you may have heard or unfortunately experienced, there have been many vehicle vandalisms in areas of SE and NE Portland since May of this year. Over 500 have been reported at this point, and we suspect there are more that have not been reported.
Please join us at any of the two community meetings noted below if you would like to learn more about this issue. Neighborhood Watch organizers, please share this information with your members.
Grant Park/ Rose City Park/ Beaumont-Wilshire/ Hollywood Neighborhoods
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Grant Park Church
2728 Northeast 34th Avenue
Alameda/ Irvington/ Sabin Neighborhoods
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Alameda School, Cafeteria
2732 Northeast Fremont Street
Contact Stephanie Reynolds, Crime Prevention Program Manager at 503-823-2030or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Comprehensive Plan Update - Fall Outreach
North Mapping Conversation
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
6:30 - 9:00 PM
Chiles Center - Hall of Fame Room
University of Portland
6605 N. Portsmouth Avenue