Tuesday, May 22, 2012
SGNA Neighborhood Clean Up Volunteers Needed - this Saturday
We'll be "talkin' trash" this Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm at the annual SGNA Trash Bash (aka neighborhood clean up).
We need several volunteers with gloves and brooms to help unload vehicles and keep the parking lot clean. As in the past we'll have 2 shifts: 8:45 to 11 and 11 to 1:15 or so. Coffee and donuts will be provided! If you're available please call or email Dave at the phone number below and let me know what shift you'd like
And a couple of you may already be planning to help Dan Lerch Walters haul tires out of the gulch, but I'm sure he could use help. Give him a call for more info 503-284-7605.
This year we'll be accepting:
- general rubbish - $10 car load, $15 per van/pickup truck
- electronic waste - price varies
- paper shredding - $5 per "bankers box"
- metals, appliances - no charge (come to event to arrange at home pick up)
- professional clothing for men and women - no charge (pls. no tennis shoes, jeans or t-shirts)
- paint, pesticide, household hazardous waste - no charge
- fluorescent lamps and batteries - no charge
- block styrofoam - no charge
- tires, auto batteries - o charge.
We'll be posting a full "price list" for items on the web site soon - www.sullivansgulch.net. We will not be accepting any items in the curbside recycling program, including no yard debris.
The clean up will be 9 to 1 pm (or until dumpsters are full) at NE 17th and Wasco (behind Holladay Park Plaza).
Thanks to Hoilladay Park Plaza for the use of their parking lot and to Metro and NE Coalition of Neighborhoods for their support.
Posted by L. Myron Gulch at 5:18 PM